MANAGEMENT OF THYROID WITH NATURAL MEDICINE
Thyroid gland is one of major endocrine gland located at the base of neck and its primary function is to control and regulate metabolism. Thyroid disorders are classified in to
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland with excess production of thyroid hormones)
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland with less production of thyroid hormones)
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Inability to bear temperature variations
- Mood swings
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Food cravings, muscle pain and Irregular bowel movements
- Iodine - Major component of T3 &T4 sources are fish, seaweed, Iodized salt and shellfish.
- Protein - It stops hair loss due to thyroid sources are fish, white meat poultry, Legumes and egg whites
- Zinc & selenium - It prevents diminishing T3 levels. Sources are shrimp, spinach, beef, kidney beans, flax seeds etc.
- Foods with low G1
- Vitamin D
Hypothyroidism - Sarvangasana, Viparitakarani, Janu Sirshasana, Matsyasana kapalbhati, ujjayi and Nadishodhan.
Hyperthyroidism - Setubandhasana, shavasana, balasana, suryanamaskar (slow phase), ujjayi, bhramari and Nadishodhan.
- Jalkumbhi (watercress) juice in dosage of 30 ml twice a day is beneficial Shankhpushpi root 50gm boiled in 300ml water and reduce to 50ml, filter and drink in morning and evening as tea on empty stomach.
- Sitaphal leaves juice 20ml / dry powder 5gm twice a day
- Mash green bananas with cow’s ghee and have for breakfast till the stomach is full. It should be taken for 15-20 days.
- Take oats with lots of water.
Mud application to neck, full body mud application and abdomen mud pack.